Research at Business
Our community is passionate about discovering and building solutions to business problems and uncovering legitimate explanations for trends in global and urban business.
We have a special focus in pursuing rigorous research that provides solutions to industry and society at large and which promotes social, cultural and economic benefits.
- Qualitative Interest Group: Qualitative Coding 05/08/2014The August QIG meeting will offer a discussion and hands-on workshop on qualitative coding.
- ‘Marx-type’ and ‘Polanyi-type’ social movements: Helpful heuristic or false dichotomy?’ 08/08/2014Dr Gareth Dale, Brunel University, London UK presents ‘Marx-type’ and ‘Polanyi-type’ social movements: Helpful heuristic or false dichotomy?’
- Visiting Marketing Scholar: Professor Darren Dahl from Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia 11/08/2014Find out how an editor of an esteemed journal thinks when considering whether to publish an article.
- Study examines social benefits of Chinese investment in Australia 22/07/2014RMIT researchers have explored how Chinese firms engage in Australian communities in a study funded by the Australia-China Council.
- Connecting the digital with the real 17/07/2014Researchers at RMIT are exploring how to harness the unprecedented power of social media for dealing with crises and driving change.
- Proven innovator in higher education to head RMIT University 10/07/2014RMIT Chancellor, Dr Ziggy Switkowski AO, is pleased to announce the appointment of Martin Bean as Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT.
Business research in the media
- Staples: Interest in the way Chinese firms do business in Australia (2MCE, 28 July 2014)
- Hulls: Call for restorative justice (Law Institute Journal, 1 July 2014)
- Smith: New soccer clubs banned from using 'ethnic' names and logos (Sydney Morning Herald, 27 June 2014)